Not sure when to know when to make an appointment to see your gynecologist? Listed below are just a few reasons why you might want to make an appointment today!
– There are a couple different scenarios in which you should consider visiting a gynecologist. Such instances include if you were to experience pelvic pain and abdominal discomfort. Pay attention to what type of pain you are experiencing and how long you are experiencing it for. This will help your doctor make a diagnosis.
– Another scenario is if you are having bleeding episodes between periods or postmenopausal bleeding. Light spotting shouldn’t make you worrisome, but if you have heavy and painful bleeding that last a few days, it’s time to call your gynecologist. There are a couple different reasons for this and it’s just best for your doctor to rule out anything serious.
– If you have problems with your period or have missed a few periods, this is also a time to call your gynecologist. It’s important to note what is normal for you. All women are different and what’s normal for you may not be normal for another woman. So anything that strays from your normal, pay attention and let your doctor know about it!
– Experiencing unusual discharge or soreness in the genital area? Call your gynecologist! Especially if the discharged is colored you should really note these symptoms and make an appointment. Sores can be a sign of an STI and it’s best to get in and have an examination by your doctor to find out what is wrong.
– If you experience pain during sex, this could be from vaginal dryness, infection, or uterine fibroids. Your gynecologist will likely want to perform a pelvic exam and perform some tests to determine the diagnosis.
– Finally if you are experiencing pain or problems with urination or bowel movements, this could be due to pelvic floor problems. This is a result from weakened muscles from childbirth and your gynecologist will want to examine you to put you on the proper treatment plan.
Here you see there are several reasons why you would want to visit your gynecologist. If for some reasons you are experiencing any of these issues, you can call us and make an appointment to see one of our amazing providers here are Garden State Gynecology. We have three convenient locations in Morristown and Princeton, New Jersey; and Staten Island NY.